Lap Delta Times

Do you have any modes or games you would like to see? Let us know.
boothegoopc

Lap Delta Times

Post by boothegoopc »

Hi all, I've just seen Fanaleds work on F1 2012 and I love it. However at the minute it shows my MPH and thats great but if it could show my lap delta it would be perfect. Is this possible? I understand its completly different to the revs and speed so would it have to be something Codemasters would need to add to the game?

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Re: Lap Delta Times

Post by DirkT »

This is a feature we are considering, it is very game dependent however if Codemaster titles are going to be supported. So keep you eyes open, if we put in the feature it will instantly work for all titles which provide enough information through their telemetry output.

boothegoopc

Post by boothegoopc »

Thats brillent lets all keep our fingers crossed that the game makers see the benefit of having delta times displayed our our wheels.

Has anyone contacted the dev teams yet asking if they would include it?

Cheers

Boo

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

We (try to) contact game developers on a regular basis. It's very diferent whether we get a respone at all or if they are cooperative enough. Let me put it this way, it was never a breeze figuring out all different games.
Last edited by DirkT on 06 Oct 2012, 10:41, edited 1 time in total.

MPi

Request: Delta time

Post by MPi »

Hi!

Could you please implement delta time function to the app? For iRacing? So it would display the delta time to your session best. Or better yet, assign a button to add a "reference lap" :)

Thanks!

edit: just saw that there's a topic for this already.. excuse me, i'm new here. :)
Last edited by MPi on 02 Nov 2012, 14:09, edited 1 time in total.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

No problem.

What do you mean exactly by setting the reference lap with a button? select what time you want to be delta-ed with?

MPi

Post by MPi »

Yes. For example, in a race your fastest lap might be with a heavy draft effect, so the delta time is pretty much useless then.
But if i could manually choose a lap which would work as a reference lap showing the delta, it would be very useful. Say, give a 10-20 second delay after the lap, and if i press the "reference" button then, the delta time will compare to the lap i just completed.

Am i making any sense? :)

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

You are, we will consider it when implementing the function.

boothegoopc

Post by boothegoopc »

I've just seen an Android app showing lap delta times on F1 2012

http://community.codemasters.com/t5/F1- ... d-p/150980