Output Telemetry to Window

Do you have any modes or games you would like to see? Let us know.
STH

Output Telemetry to Window

Post by STH »

So, sorta what I was looking for, and have yet to find, is something that can output the telemetry in a readable format simply to a Windows, well window. Sorta like GUI mockup of an actual LED/Revlight combo on your screen. It would be very helpful to budget users like myself.

If this is not at all possible, or would take an inordinate amount of work, thanks for listening anyways. And if such a non-sim specific software does exist elsewhere, I would much appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Re: Output Telemetry to Window

Post by Bose321 »

I see what you mean. This actually is something (not exactly, but something like it) we have in our mind. It's not something we can do any time soon, but it's 'planned'.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

Moreno

Post by Moreno »

In a similar (but different) vein, is there any intention of creating a smartphone app that can accompany Fanaleds? The Fanaleds software is bar-none the best single interface between a whole bucket-load of software and hardware and being able to use a smartphone screen to get direct connection to the output from it would be perfect. I know there are plenty of "other" HUD/DASH apps out there for all the various platforms, but Fanaleds is unique in it's depth and customisation based on individual situations. Just getting some of the other apps to flash the RPM LEDs at the correct shift point from one car to the next can be enough of a headache- Fanaleds does this beautifully and the ability to save custom points for different vehicles is ace! Maybe you can tell I'm a fan? Anyways I'm sure this would be a big project, but that's my dream- a client for Android/iOS that can be controlled by the Fanaled software and included in the multi-device profiles already catered for.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

Thanks for the kind words. I won't lie about it; I've been dabbling around to create a (mobile) app. But we don't have the experience to build a quality app on mobile devices. I wanted to go for a web solution so every screen with internet connection could be used as additional screen, but the performance is too low for mobile devices I think. It's still not really sure how to approach this. We would like to build a native app for mobiles, but we never did anything on mobile platforms. We also don't want to ignore some groups of users. People nowadays have either Windows Phone, Android or iOS and I'm not sure whether we can build something for all that.

It's definitely something we would like to address, but it's a little out of reach for now. Also the most efficient way for communication between the apps is a major thing we have to think through. Would be great if some users with experience in this would be able to give us some feedback.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.