The Crew support

Do you have any modes or games you would like to see? Let us know.
jarfcl

The Crew support

Post by jarfcl »

Hi, I only discovered fanaleds, this little program last week, and it's peach!

Actually, I was beta testing The Crew when, after just having updated my 911 GT2 drivers to 1.77 (late i know :? ) I saw the LCD come alive with actual speed and gear digits. I was surprised and amazed, but I could'nt find how to switch from one to the other, that's why I googled until I finally found out this wonderful software :)

So my question is, are you going to fully support this game (I already know I'm going to spend countless hours on it :) )
And if yes, does that means this will only be possible to add racing/driving values, or also extras (like the ingame time for example). Sry I'm still new to this software, so I don't know if it already exists in other games...

Besides I still don't understand how come that on a beta, without fanaledsI already had LCD functions.. does that means that Fanatec would come buil-in in some games?

Thanks for any information :)

PS: I know the developers of that game are truly open to suggestions and sharing, as they do a lot with the community, and I know for a fact that they are testing their game with fanatec hardware too :)

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Re: The Crew support

Post by Bose321 »

Are you as beta tester able to discuss it with the developers? I did not get an invite, so I can't have no idea about the game...

I have no idea if they have some kind of support for developers, and if they, that the native support can be disabled. Is there any place you can ask for this?
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

jarfcl

Post by jarfcl »

Hi,
unfortunately we had no direct access to the devs, only dedicated beta forums with active and efficient community managers to collect and send the feedbacks higher. Maybe I can try to contact them and they'll be able to help

Nevertheless I know also several french forum where they are often screening and where I could try to get closer and maybe provide you with direct contact in the end. So I'm going to start with that and let you know
Last edited by jarfcl on 03 Sep 2014, 22:27, edited 1 time in total.

jarfcl

Post by jarfcl »

Hi,
I happen to knock on the correct door, as this morning already, I had an answer from the Lead Dev Physics & Devices of The Crew.
He basically told me that he was working directly with Fanatec SDK and that all LCD,leds and even pedals'vibration will be built in The Crew at release

So, I hope this news will please other LCD users, and well sorry to have bothered you with my topic here. :oops:
I had never read anything about any fanatec sdk implementation in the game, surely because they never talk about this technical aspect before

Anyway, thanks for having been so quick and helpful with my request, and for your nice work with Fanaleds. It just gave me interest into upgrading my rig to enjoy to its full extent! I just have to figure out some configuration troubles, but I'm already happy with what I can do :)

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

That's good to hear. Do you have any idea if this will can be disabled as well? The native support in these games are usually very basic, and some people want to use the options we provide.

Would be great if it was compatible with Fanaleds. Also because we support a whole other range of displays as well.

jarfcl

Post by jarfcl »

Hi, I told them your interest but for the moment I think they are too busy with polishing the game before the release, so I don't have an answer atm. FYI, he told me before that he did the Fanatec stuf a year ago, but he didn't have time to check it right now but that he will before the release..

Anyway if I hear anything in between, I let you know too

Have a nice day 8-)

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

Thanks for your time! Looking forward to their reaction.

Have a great weekend.

MadManCK

Post by MadManCK »

Yes, Tixier will make the shifting lights work in The Crew. I visited the Studio in Lyon earlier this year. It will be a great game.
But it would be nice to get full Fanaleds support.

Too bad i did not read this forum earlier, because i could have gotten you in the closed Beta. But i keep that in mind for future events.

I run a Siminstruments dash and a CSW. 8-)

http://tdudrivetime.com/portal.php?sid= ... b587bff17e

MadManCK

Post by MadManCK »

OK, i can get you a game key for The Crew.
Consider that my donation to your great program. :mrgreen:

I would very much like to beta test Fanaleds with the Crew.

PM me if you are interested.

PS I'm an influencer for the Crew and was one of the first 7 players, who were invited to play the game in the Studio at Ivory Tower in Lyon. :ugeek:

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

That would be great! Could you get 2 keys (for me and Dirk)? We can't promise anything soon, but I'll have a chat with Dirk about it.