Strange one

Do you have any modes or games you would like to see? Let us know.
rchiileea

Strange one

Post by rchiileea »

I was wondering if we could make use of the software when not playing in game (say rev LED's working for CPU usage, gear indicator working for CPU cores in use and info LED's customisable?

is this at all possible? can it be done, I can get hold of a licence for AID64 if you need something that can send data to your software.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Re: Strange one

Post by Bose321 »

That's something I've always thought of, and would love use myself. However, it's not something we can implement in a short time, and would mean that the application would have to be changed a lot.

Right now it's not possible to send information to Fanaleds directly, and I'm afraid it will remain that way for some time. There's basically no time for Dirk to implement that with the time he has for Fanaleds.

Me and Dirk both have discussed these features, and want to do them some time, so you never know.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

rchiileea

Post by rchiileea »

Have you ever thought about doing it via AIDA64 Google search it and try the trial this program can send log outputs via shared memory and a few others.

I was thinking via a plug in it would be a lot easier task?

If you guys think it might be a viable option I can put you on contact with them contact me via email..

They have made it work with a range of things even some of the keyboards with lid. . And even a model of samsung photo frame. .

I am sure I can help put you and them together to make it happen ;)
Last edited by rchiileea on 06 Nov 2014, 22:35, edited 1 time in total.

rchiileea

Post by rchiileea »

working on this with developer of AIDA64, played around with beta today (cpu, usage rpm working, temps working for cpu and gpu in left and right screen, gears showing how many cores cpu has, also 4 pages (so you can set up to show different things in left and right info display (obviously limited to 4 character items, per each screen)...

will post some photos tomorrow for you guys if allowed.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

An AIDA64 implementation would be nice for starters, but in my opinion I'd make it in the program itself. Having to use third party tools for this only raises the bar for most users.

rchiileea

Post by rchiileea »

DirkT wrote:An AIDA64 implementation would be nice for starters, but in my opinion I'd make it in the program itself. Having to use third party tools for this only raises the bar for most users.

hardware usage stats (here mem and HDD) but could be used for any percentage of pc components (your choice)

CPU (left) and GPU (right) temps

Custom writing possible too, this is just using AIDA64 to show this output via usb output options

RPM LED's are CPU usage and gear indicator has been put to CPU usage so its not idle.

rchiileea

Post by rchiileea »

Not sure if this is ok to post so delete if you want, but AIDA64 has released version with Leo Bodnar support for those of you that want your display to show pc related stuff when not racing.

http://www.aida64.com/news/pr/finalwire ... ida64-v500

Racer X

Post by Racer X »

AIDA64 seems so expensive. o.o Looks good, but personally I think support for HWiNFO would be better. Literally the same concept, but HWiNFO is free and already has data output to Logitech LCD screens, Windows Gadgets, and MSI Afterburner's/EVGA Precision's in-game overlay. A plugin/extension system built into HWiNFO means that any support added won't have to be dependent on their staff, and can be done relatively simply by FanaLEDS's devs. And of course with the ubiquity, high praise and far lower gateway of entry for HWiNFO, this ensures that more people can benefit from FanaLEDS than those willing to shell out for AIDA64.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

Does HWINFO offer any kind of API support?