Display Fuel In Gallons and Liters

Do you have any modes or games you would like to see? Let us know.
Dustin42

Post by Dustin42 »

It would be great if there was an option to display fuel in gallons or liters. The pounds and percentages do not help when you are trying to figure out when you have used enough fuel to fit the amount you need to finish the race into the tank.

Aside from that, its all good.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

This has been on our list for a while, but we never got to it. I'll ask Dirk if this can be done in the near future.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

Fuel # is in Liters

Dustin42

Post by Dustin42 »

Thanks for the info. However, it still doesn't help on the Fanatec Formula 1 Rim. Since there are only 3 digits available, and there is a "F" in the first digit, it only displays 2 of the 3 required numbers. For example, if there is 48.8 liters of fuel in the car, it is displayed as:

F88

Can we remove the "F" so it will display at least two whole numbers?

488 (for 48.8)

Currently there is no working fuel amount possible to use except for % which doesn't help at all for fuel usage / pit stops.

Fuel percent is displayed as

F39 for 39% , which is fine if I knew what % fuel I needed to pit. This calc is too complicated to do for each race as Iracing only displays fuel in liters or gallons and some fuel tanks are limited so you need to find out the main fuel tank size, etc.

48.8 liters = 39%, Lets say I need to fill with 30 liters at pit to finish race... So I need to figure out how much 30 liters is in % of the full tank (24%), then subtract that from the 39% available (15%) to know that I can pit anywhere under 15% of the tank..

I guess it isn't the most complicated thing to do in the world but it leaves room for error converting to percentages and doesn't make sense if it was possible to just have the gallons or liters be displayed at least to the first 2 whole numbers.

Thanks again for developing this. I know we aren't owed anything. Just a suggestion,
Dustin
Last edited by Dustin42 on 29 Nov 2016, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

You're quite right, Fuel isn't displayed in decimal representations at the moment. It's already on my backlog of things to-do.

As soon as it's in you will know.

Nimzovich

Re: Display Fuel In Gallons and Liters

Post by Nimzovich »

Bump. Please add a fuel display in US gallons.