Profile not saving

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
Jett

Profile not saving

Post by Jett »

I have Fanaleds 1.2f installed and I cannot get the iRacing profile to stay saved and have to set it each time I run Fanaleds. Also I need to change it to MPH and Speedgear each time in the Menu as well.

It has been this way with each version I have used and I wasn't sure there was a way to save it either.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Re: Profile not saving

Post by Bose321 »

Thanks for the report.

If you go to C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\FanaLEDs (change your_username by your Windows username), do you see an iRacing profile? Have you tried to change the default profile to see if that does save?
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

Jett

Post by Jett »

I am running Windows 7 64 bit Enterprise version and do not see an AppData folder or any of the other folders you mention.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

You do push the button for "Save settings to current profile" I presume?

The AppData is by default hidden by Windows, if you want to see it you'd have to enable it in folder options in your Control Panel. Look for a string "Show all files and folders".
Last edited by DirkT on 28 Sep 2012, 10:27, edited 1 time in total.

Jett

Post by Jett »

ok..I found the AppData folder and I do see an iRacing profile. I am pushing the Save fuction after selecting the profile.

Still not saving and I need to select it each time it runs.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

Profiles are autoloaded when a game starts, it's not autoloading the last profile that was active. Could you, after settings up all correct settings and hit save, open up the iracing.xml file in a text editor?

If the gauge value is still set to KPH we definitely still have a bug, but could you test the following for me?

Change the value in a text editor for KPH to MPH. You'd have to close FanaLEDs before changing this. After the change please test if the mph value is kept after loading the profile.

Jett

Post by Jett »

I followed the steps and yes it reverts to "kph" each time. I just tried this with 1.3 as well.
Last edited by Jett on 23 Oct 2012, 03:48, edited 1 time in total.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

Did you follow the steps with the text editor that Dirk gave? That shouldn't be possible if Fanaleds is not running. Have you tried to run Fanaleds with admin rights to see if that changes? What OS are you running? Are you sure you click the save button with the right profile?
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

He's running a usual W7 64bit

It'a a pitty we can't seem to reproduce your issue. Can you perhaps test this for me?

Exit your FanaLEDs if running, and close any game.

Startup FanaLEDs without running ANY game, change from KPH to MPH, then hit save settings to profile.

Exit FanaLEDs, and after a few seconds, startup FanaLEDs again. What is the Gauge value telling you now? Still KPH?

Jett

Post by Jett »

got it now! Thanks. Not sure why it wasn't doing it before but now it seems to work.

Still reverts the Active profile to (default profile) but that is ok.