Siminstruments Dash Brightness Issue...

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
BARMotorsport

Siminstruments Dash Brightness Issue...

Post by BARMotorsport »

Running Fanaleds 2.1 / Siminstrumnts Dash, DSD Buttonbox and Clubsport BMW wheel.

Problem: the Brightness of the Siminstruments Dash is automatically mapped to the actual movement of my steering wheel... that is, when I steer, the brightness goes up and down. To fix this I must open the Hardware setting and hit "Remove assigned control" each time I open Fanaleds.
Question:
1. How can I make the your software remember not to map my wheel movements to brightness every time...
...And better still...
2. How can I map the brightness to a button on my DSD button box or Clubsport wheel... apparently, you can only map the brightness to a "rotary wheel"??? When I say "Learn control" to set brightness, nothing is recognized on my button box at all and neither on my steering wheel... the only things that register is movement in the steering wheel itself and movements of my Analog joystick on the CSW wheel which I use to look around... Why can't I map it to a button or a keyboard key?

Thanks

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Re: Siminstruments Dash Brightness Issue...

Post by Bose321 »

Sorry to hear that you're having that problem.

Does Fanaleds remember other settings you save, or just this one?

You can't assign the brightness to a button because that only has one value (on or off). You can't gradually change the brightness with a button push.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Re: Siminstruments Dash Brightness Issue...

Post by DirkT »

This cannot happen automatically, because brightness controls are only setup in the "Learn brightness" window and you do have to select one Axel.

If you want remove the control 100% this is what you can do, the easy way, restore ALL defaults in the SimDash window.

The hard(er) way, which can't fail, look at the global.xml file in you Fanaleds->File->Open settings folder. Look for a line like this:
<device disabled="false" clock="false" revledtype="0" brightness="194" type="1732" serial="MYSERIAL" lcdR="204" lcdG="19" lcdB="66" br_joy="cb08b990-c6f5-11e2" br_axel="7" br_max="65406" >
Remove all br_ settings so it looks like this.
<device disabled="false" clock="false" revledtype="0" brightness="194" type="1732" serial="MYSERIAL" lcdR="204" lcdG="19" lcdB="66" >
If that still doesn't work, you've found the strangest bug ever ;)