rFactor 2: Fanaleds not loading after driver swap

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
TeroD

Post by TeroD »

Hi!

Not sure if this is technically a bug or maybe just a feature, but I think the software should work still after performing a driver swap in rFactor 2. So specifically when you take over the car from another driver. There are other plugins that do not work in the same situation but also some that do work.

I regularly use DashMeterPro, Fanaleds and the Motec plugin. Only DashMeter works when doing a driver swap.

Thanks!

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Re: rFactor 2: Fanaleds not loading after driver swap

Post by DirkT »

Please wait until next version and try this again, if it is still broken then, report back please. New version should be coming soonish.

TeroD

Post by TeroD »

Okay, thanks!

Freddy3792

Post by Freddy3792 »

I tried it as well yesterday with the latest version. Still when you swap drivers Fanaleds is not working. The Siminstruments Dash Software has no problem firing up.

TeroD

Post by TeroD »

I've stopped using my SLI-Pro for the time being and thus also Fanaleds. But a friend of mine uses his and he also reported it still not working with driver swaps in rF2.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

I've put it on our list, so we'll have a look at this when we find some time.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

To be clear, does Fanaleds work when you yourself are driving after a user swap? Or does it stop working altogether after swapping?
Last edited by DirkT on 06 Mar 2015, 16:44, edited 1 time in total.

TeroD

Post by TeroD »

I don't think I understand the question :D

When a driver swap happens from someone else to me then Fanaleds stops working for me. If you're asking whether it keeps working when there's driver swap the other way around, from me to someone else and if Fanaleds works for me, I don't know As you have to leave the session and server and that of course unloads/restarts plugins.

Rinus Janssens

Post by Rinus Janssens »

Hi,

I didn't use Fanaleds for a long time because its not worked with a driver swap in rF and rF2. This weekend a gave it another try but it still doesn't work.

Reading this post I thought the problem was solved but apparently not or am I been doing something wrong ?
If not, when can we expect an update to solve this problem and can I go use this great software again..

Kudos for you if you solve it asap ? :D

FatPiNi

Post by FatPiNi »

Hello! Last weekend I had an important race on rFactor 2, VEC R1 8hrs of Silverstone, and I had the plugin not working for the duration of my stint (I entered as 3rd driver). It was very disappointing because I use it for my CSP v1 as an important feedback when I'm locking tires. Is there any chance that this plugin will ever work with driver swap feature? In iRacing I never had any issue but on rFactor 2 several plugin does not work (Delta plugin and spotter plugin for example didn't worked too, but other people reported that several other plugin works flawlessly).

Thanks for the effort anyway!

Ciao!
Ignazio