Launching FanaLEDs triggers stuck keys

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
Scott McIntyre

Post by Scott McIntyre »

Not always but more than 50% of the time, upon launching FanaLEDs my computer suddenly acts like the Shift key is stuck on. This happens whether I have my wheel plugged in or not.

On one occasion I opened up the On-Screen Keyboard to get a better get a better view of what is happening and here's what it looks like the instant FanaLEDs starts...

Note how the Shift / Ctrl / Alt and Windows keys are all stuck on. I cannot unstick them unless I reboot the machine. And obviously having these keys stuck causes all kinds of usability issues.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling FanaLEDs several times using different versions. All experience the same issue. I've tried disabling the Sticky Keys feature within the Ease of Access Center to no avail.

Has anyone experience anything like this?

Skiddmark

Post by Skiddmark »

I have the same issue. In addition the mouse becomes a right click when I left click. Only rebooting fixes this. Also, both pedals rumble in the Clubsport profiler, but in fanaleds diagnostic, only the throttle works. Most items are not clickable schuch as "Hardware" other items I have to hold down the mouse and drag. Clicking does nothing. Keyboard and mouse almost useless as soon as fanaleds launches. Clicking anything in the desktop right clicks and selects several icons.

Windows 10
R9 290
Alienware X52 ( about 2 years old)
Thrustmaster wheel
Clubsport pedals via USB
iRacing

Thanks,
Mark

Scott McIntyre

Post by Scott McIntyre »

I've yet to find a solution. Just gave up on using FanaLEDs completely.

At some point I plan to wipe & reinstall the OS, hoping that stuck keys issue disappears.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

Very weird problem guys, Fanaleds doesn't emulate any keyboard presses, it only reads them for profile changes. Can't think of anything what might cause it, and of course difficult to reproduce...
Last edited by DirkT on 22 Aug 2016, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.