Dirt Rally?

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
Fentomized

Dirt Rally?

Post by Fentomized »

Hello, I've been trying to get DiRT Rally work with my G29. It works on other games, so it should be an issue on DiRT's.

I've read the Readme, but it doesn't really help me.

I have this in my Documents XML file:
<motion_platform>
<dbox enabled="true" />
<udp enabled="true" extradata="3" ip="127.0.0.1" port="30500" delay="1" />
<fanatec enabled="false" pedalVibrationScale="1.0" wheelVibrationScale="1.0" ledTrueForGearsFalseForSpeed="true" />
<led_display nativeSupport="false" fanatecNativeSupport="false" />
</motion_platform>

Using this, all the lights lit up and stays stuck until I stall the car. It doesn't change when revving the engine or shifting.

OramacZ28

Re: Dirt Rally?

Post by OramacZ28 »

I've got the same problem. I'm using a Fanatec CSR-Elite wheel with a Bodnar SLI-PRO. I was able to revert back to v2.4e for DiRT Rally to work, but obviously this breaks things that are newer like DiRT 4 and the iRacing GRC cars.

For me, the gear indicator and both numerical displays for the time delta and timer work as they should, but the shift light indicators stay lit across the rev range with no fluctuation at all. I've attempted to manipulate the hardware settings in many different ways based off the ReadMe, but nothing changes it. I've played with the ports its reporting to, I've played with the extradata param, nothing works besides reverting back to at least fanaleds v2.4e.

It appears to be a Codie title issue only and possibly due to Codemasters looking at multiple devices, in my case the Fanatec wheel LCD and the SLI-PRO. Even with the Fanatec native support code in the hardware settings, it doesn't prioritize the SLI-PRO.

Any ideas, @Admin?

bn880

Post by bn880 »

You need to set up the default car profile in Fanaleds under Advanced>Car settings. Set the RPM's there. Dirt rally doesn't seem to send the car type to Fanaleds so you need to change only "default" profile and change RPM's when you change cars/engines.

OramacZ28

Post by OramacZ28 »

Right, I get that we can do that, but it used to determine each car independently in an older version of Fanaleds. In fact, I am able to download and install the old version now, race DiRT Rally with no issue, then load up the latest firmware and run iRacing. If I go back to DiRT Rally, or even DiRT 4 for that matter at this moment, the Rev counters stay lit. It appears to be a Codie title issue with the newer firmware for some of us with multiple displays to run with Codemaster titles.

bn880

Post by bn880 »

Interesting, I didn't know that.

Now I'm having another issue in Dirt Rally, and that is that the lights often dont flash for shifting at high RPM, instead go solid or totally off. Seems that Fanaleds also is often unresponsive in Windows. Very curious! I know I left the WB on for ~8h while PC was off yesterday, not sure if this gimped it somehow.