Project Cars 2 and SimInstrumentsDash

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Re: Project Cars 2 and SimInstrumentsDash

Post by Bose321 »

We could do that, but the pCars 2 support is not 100% ready yet. And we can't release it with broken F1 2017 support I'm afraid. I understand you want it released now. We hope to release it soon!
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

parney2000

Post by parney2000 »

Hi Bose,
I have had your fanaleds software for about a year now. It has never worked with iracing or now with Pcars 2 regarding vibration on the throttle (brake works in iracing and i think neither work in pcars 2, throttle definitly doesn't work). Are you planning to try and get them working or are you resigned to the fact that you will never get them supported properly for fanatec v3 pedals? I'm happy to beta test....i appreciate yor software is free and you do it in your own time but just want to know one way or the other..do you plan to try and get it working. Software devs have said its on your side not theres....

RodentYell

Post by RodentYell »

The beta version that is being tested now is working with Pcars2 including the vibrating pedals on the V3's, but there are a few things that still need to be worked on, I personally can't speak for iRacing anymore as I haven't used it for quite awhile.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

parney2000 wrote:
28 Oct 2017, 12:48
Hi Bose,
I have had your fanaleds software for about a year now. It has never worked with iracing or now with Pcars 2 regarding vibration on the throttle (brake works in iracing and i think neither work in pcars 2, throttle definitly doesn't work). Are you planning to try and get them working or are you resigned to the fact that you will never get them supported properly for fanatec v3 pedals? I'm happy to beta test....i appreciate yor software is free and you do it in your own time but just want to know one way or the other..do you plan to try and get it working. Software devs have said its on your side not theres....
iRacing seems to be working fine. So it's interesting how these software devs can blame Fanaleds for it... :roll:

As RodentYell said, currently the pCars 2 support is being worked on, and a beta release is being tested.

parney2000

Post by parney2000 »

Thanks for the Project Cars 2 info. Regarding iracing, not sure how many ways I can say it really..It doesnt work (for me anyhow) with iracing. Brake works, throttle doesn’t. Fanatec pedals, thrustmaster wheel, doesn’t work, never has, contacted you a year ago, you said it was an iracing problem, and to contact them, I did and they said its not them its you, now you are saying it works fine... what/when did you solve the issue? What did you change? I have a freshly setup a pc, its still no different. Several other people have had the same problem and have contacted you over the last year but we are still no closer to getting throttle vibration to work in iracing. Any ideas why it doesn’t/has never worked for several of us who dont have a fanatec wheelbase but gave fanatec v2.5 pedals? Only game both throttle and brake vibrations have ever worked is assetto corsa but can’t play that dog shit its menus are awful in VR...Cheers big ears...looking forward to some possible solution/s...Can you let me be a beta tester? Im good at it, i will find you all sorts of bugs as they always use me at work when they need them to be found, I have a knack of coming across them :-) Drop me a line tell me how i can sign up to beta for your Project Cars 2 update.

dakolva

Post by dakolva »

Hi all, Any news about next release ?

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

We're tackling a few other points before we can push out the new release. pCars 2 seems to work OK for now.

BARMotorsport

Post by BARMotorsport »

:cry:

OWFTW

Post by OWFTW »

I know you are doing this in your spare time and all of us really do appreciate your work.

But for now, there are really no reasons why not to release the project cars 2 support. The Game is so called new, all of us are really motivated to race with this new sim. As your Forum shows, this request is nearly 3-4 months old. So why you dont leave aside the not working parts and release the current status, and make all the PC2 gamer happy.
I know you wanna make all the dudes happy, and fix all the other current problems, but doin it step by step, wouldnt slow down the whole development and make the racers happy.

have a nice day :)

BARMotorsport

Post by BARMotorsport »

Sure hope I'm wrong but I'm starting to get that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach that one day soon we will be out of luck on our SiminstrumentsDash support and Fanaleds all together. I try and donate when I can... but it smells like the donations are not enough to compete for their discretionary time. Still wonder what really happened to sink SiminstrumentsDash company and their 2.0 Project. Sad n Scary

I still want to thank you guys at Fanaleds for all you have done and are still doing...

Sincerely,
Stephen