How to set a button to cycle through "Segment" profiles?

Would you like to have Fanaleds-related discussions? This is the place.
jasonschock

How to set a button to cycle through "Segment" profiles?

Post by jasonschock »

Wow, took me a while to figure out where to customize setting in this new version 2. When I go to Hardware > Fanatec CSW, I now have a ton of configuration options. It's a little difficult to figure out now and the instructions are hard to understand. (What is a "left switch"?)

So it seems like I can create profiles, each one showing some different info in the main display on the wheel. This is great, but I can't figure out how to set a button to cycle through profiles.

For example, I just want to set a button on the wheel so that on each press, I change to the next profile. How to do this? I see the Learn Switches and Learn Buttons stuff, but what that does is a little baffling.

Thanks for the nice software.
Last edited by jasonschock on 09 Jan 2014, 10:09, edited 2 times in total.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Re: How to set a button to cycle through "Segment" profiles?

Post by DirkT »

Did you take a look at our short video manual?

You can achieve what you want by using the "<" and ">" buttons in the CSW screen. < for previous profile, > for next profile. If you want to have more profiles, just enter the number of profiles you want, and hit "Set"

jasonschock

Re: How to set a button to cycle through "Segment" profiles?

Post by jasonschock »

Thanks, I will try that. Perhaps consider placing a link from the Profiles config screen to your manual/video page.