ClupSport Pedal - brake peda vibration in rFactor 2 question

Would you like to have Fanaleds-related discussions? This is the place.
DrR1pper

ClupSport Pedal - brake peda vibration in rFactor 2 question

Post by DrR1pper »

Hi everyone,

I've been considering purchasing the CSP for the added vibration motor under the brake pedal. I hear that fanaleds can get this to work with rf2 and i was hoping someone could confirm how its works with rfactor 2?

Does it activate the vibration in the brake pedal when you reach a certain percentage of brake pedal input or is it much more dynamic than that and activates when a tyre is locked up or slipping in rfactor 2? Is the vibration also progressive or just binary to the outcome of the tyre being in either a rolling or locked/locking state?

I'd really appreciate the insight so i can make a good decision on whether to upgrade from my csr-elite pedals (which have no vibration motor under the brake pedal).

Whilst i do not want to take away the skill level that those who are around 0.5-1.5 second faster than me (as they are still very talented/skilful), but i can't help but notice the consistent pattern that they all happen to use a set of CSP's. Some of them go as far as to say it's "another world" compared to standard pedals (even compared to the csr-elites).

Anyway, thanks for your time and I look forward to some responses (please :D)

Paul Wickham

Re: ClupSport Pedal - brake peda vibration in rFactor 2 ques

Post by Paul Wickham »

The difference is more than just that that vibration motor, and the vibration motor in itself is not worth the cost...If you follow me, it has not been working with Fana up to now, but after letting the devs lose in my computer I expect that will be addressed in the next build.

Point is if you are thinking of spending just to get that vibration I would not bother, to be honest I don't really miss it, be nice when it is there right enough, but it is the complete package that I love, all metal, the neat clutch and they look a treat. Not sure when they vibrate because...so far they haven't :) Tell you more on that after the next update.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

It's a little weird regarding the V2 pedals. Some people have working rumble, and other people, like Paul, have no rumble right now. Dirk is currently busy with other things, but I hope he will look into this soon.

Anyway, for games that support it, like rFactor, we check the speed of the front wheels and the rear wheels. If the front wheels are locking we let the rumble kick it. The point where the rumble kicks in is fully adjustable to your liking.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

DrR1pper

Post by DrR1pper »

Bose321 wrote:It's a little weird regarding the V2 pedals. Some people have working rumble, and other people, like Paul, have no rumble right now. Dirk is currently busy with other things, but I hope he will look into this soon.

Anyway, for games that support it, like rFactor, we check the speed of the front wheels and the rear wheels. If the front wheels are locking we let the rumble kick it. The point where the rumble kicks in is fully adjustable to your liking.
Thanks Paul and Bose.

Bose, so are you saying that your not looking for a wheel to lock to kick in the rumble? Instead looking for a difference between the front and rears which means actually it will kick in the rumble when the front or rears lock (because in both cases there is still a difference between the speeds). What if both wheels lock? What is only one wheel locks?

Also, does it kick in if your not applying any brakes? e.g. doing donuts.

Thanks for your time
Last edited by DrR1pper on 21 Feb 2014, 21:36, edited 4 times in total.

Paul Wickham

Post by Paul Wickham »

You thinking about it I am sure I did have rumble when I first got the pedals, I am wondering if it was when I got either the Leo Bodnar Button box or the Siminstruments display that it went...Maybe it is the amount of USB devises or something related?

DrR1pper

Post by DrR1pper »

Well, I ordered myself a set of v2's and I guess I'll be finding out soon. :P

Paul Wickham

Post by Paul Wickham »

Nice one, hope you enjoy them as much as I do mine. :)

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

The test I was able to do with the beta tester(s) pointed out that the v2 pedals are 100% identical to the v1 pedals as far as electronics go.

That being said, I think I know why some users are having success with their rumble motor and other don't. The rumble motor isn't the most expensive part of the pedals and I think there is a great variation in motor resistance. Both electrical and mechanical. Fanaleds already tries to drive the rumble on the max power possible, so if you don't see it turning or feel it turning in the Diagnostic test, I'm afraid you're out of luck.

Even with the "test rumble" option in the fanatec drivers settings I wasn't able to work out why it wouldn't work in Fanaleds, we send the identical command to the pedals as the driver settings page does...

So for users who have trouble with their rumble, set the slider all the way to the left, and try it with a game like rfactor or a game from codemasteres (those are the most reliable as far as detection goes). If you still don't feel anything, again, I'm afraid you're out of luck.