Some questions

Would you like to have Fanaleds-related discussions? This is the place.
xblode

Some questions

Post by xblode »

Just installed this brilliant bit of software :)

I do have a question though. It's probably me but I just want to run it past you.

I've got the Fanatec gear with the Siminstruments dash. So...

1. I type 3 into the LCD section and press SET.
2. I then go into each profile, one by one and set it up as I prefer.
3. I then press Learn and start turning the fanatec dial on the right of the wheel both ways.
4. I then press "<" and turn once to the left.
5. Then ">" and turn once to the right.

Then in iRacing, I get strange results. I turn the knob to the right and nothing. Then left and I get one of the profiles. It's inconsistent. Not all profiles appear.

Also, with iRacing, ENG Temp is always 0. Same goes for Tyre temps and Pressures. Is this live data, that isn't exported by iRacing?

Cheers and thanks for your help.

:)

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Re: Some questions

Post by Bose321 »

Hi,

I think where it's going wrong is when you press the Learn button. That's because the learn and < and > buttons will interfere with each other if they're assigned to the same button. I believe the Fanatec dial only is a simple 'button' that has two values, instead of a value per step you turn it. You should use them for the < and > buttons only, that should work good.

Not sure if iRacing supports the values that you're missing. We have not implemented all features that games offer, so it could be that it's missing on our end. I don't really have insight of that.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

xblode

Re: Some questions

Post by xblode »

Excellent! Thanks so much :)

Works perfectly.