Help Fanatec CSWv2 - FANALEDS for RF2 and Asseto Corsa

Would you like to have Fanaleds-related discussions? This is the place.
mac2

Help Fanatec CSWv2 - FANALEDS for RF2 and Asseto Corsa

Post by mac2 »

Just got a CSWv2 and trying to use FANALEDS for the first time and got some noob queries - (couldn't find any proper manual only something on youtube so sorry if the questions are basic!)
firstly I ran the auto setup function for each of my games pointing it to my game folders:
1)Project CARS is now working - however in the main display (I have the formula rim) I get the gears mainly - but it seems to randomly cycle to fuel and speed once a lap - how can I control/change this?
2)With asseto corsa (I run it through steam) when I run the auto setup from the help button - pointing it to the game folder - its says "game found without config or plugin needs - asseto corsa" - is this telling me it is ok to run or do I need to install something?
3)Most annoying is I still cant get Rfactor2 to work - I have run the auto config utility from the help button - seems to say its all working - I even dropped in the x64 plugin alongside the regular one (I actually have no idea is my RF2 is x64 or x32 just run it normally) - but still nothing (no LEDS in game!) - I even tried the tweaks in FAQ/read me section of this website and they made no difference (they were also completely confusing as I have a mix of .ini and JSOM files in my controller folder!?!) - any helps is appreciated as I guess I must be doing something wrong?
Last edited by mac2 on 23 Dec 2014, 22:22, edited 2 times in total.

Flatspotter

Re: Help Fanatec CSWv2 - FANALEDS for RF2 and Asseto Corsa

Post by Flatspotter »

I can't get Fanaleds to work with my CSWv2 in rFactor 2 either. It worked fine with my CSWv1, but since I got the v2, the displays are always blank. The self-test feature works in the Fanaleds software, but the displays won't work in rF2.

I've never been able to figure out how to get the 3-digit display on my BMW wheel to show fuel since version 2.0. I had it working in previous versions, but even after watching your video, I can't get it working. All I can get it to show is the gear number, which I already have in a separate display (not on the wheel).

Flatspotter

Post by Flatspotter »

I got it working. I didn't realize the rF2 plugin doesn't get updated automatically when you update Fanaleds. I manually copied the plugin into the rF2 folder, and now it's working.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

AC is a sim that is supported out of the box. You do not need any plugins for it to work.

pCars has got some kind of native support for fanatec devices hasn't it? I'm not sure anymore lol, anyway. Check if you need to disable that first.

rFactor (1/2) are plugin games, you can use the automatic installer or copy the plugin yourself. mind you that in rFactor 2 it does take a while before plugins start working, they've got somekind of timeout before the race.
Last edited by DirkT on 07 Jan 2015, 14:34, edited 1 time in total.

Flatspotter

Post by Flatspotter »

The plugin delay in rFactor 2 has been eliminated. The plugins now load as soon as you hit the track.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

Thanks for pointing that out flatspotter, I don't run every game every day, so I've got no idea what they all change :)