CSW V2 Selecting Different Profiles with Rotary Switch

Would you like to have Fanaleds-related discussions? This is the place.
RReed43

CSW V2 Selecting Different Profiles with Rotary Switch

Post by RReed43 »

I am new to Fanaleds and am trying to learn how to control the display on my CSW V2. I am racing on Assetto Corsa.

I have watched your YouTube tutorial multiple times.

I can use Fanaleds to select different displays such as "gears" or "speed" or "speedgear".

What I want to do is to use the rotary switch on the CSW v2 to select which one is showing while I am racing. Your tutorial implies this is possible but I am unable to get it implemented.

I understand and can assign multiple profiles such as profile (1) = gears and profile (2) = speed.

I can use "Learn Switches" to identify the rotary controller on the CSW v2.

What I am having trouble with is the sequence of steps after this to make the rotary switch step through the profiles.

Can you help me?

RReed43

Re: CSW V2 Selecting Different Profiles with Rotary Switch

Post by RReed43 »

I have done some more exploring on Fanaleds to see if I could figure it out for myself.

1) It is now clear to me how to assign an action to a particular button or switch using Fanaleds. I was able to select the rotary switch and assign it to TWO profiles and switch between the two profiles when racing for example between "gear" and "speed".

2) The issue in assigning more than two profiles is that Fanaleds only recognizes two outputs from the rotary switch. It can switch back and force between two profiles but it can't scroll through a broader list of profiles.

I would still like to be able to select more than two profiles while racing so if anyone know how please let me know.
Last edited by RReed43 on 26 Dec 2014, 23:39, edited 1 time in total.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

I think there's a little understanding. The CSW only knows 'left' or 'right'. Every time you turn it, it just sends the left or right signal. This means there are only two positions. To scroll through the profiles you will have to learn in the < and > buttons. If you would want to control the profiles like you meant, you need a real rotary switch like this: http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php ... cts_id=201 Every step is a different signal which means every step can control a different profile. I hope that clarifies it.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

RReed43

Post by RReed43 »

Thank you for your response, that clarifies it.

The rotary switch on the wheel doesn't work like the rotary switch that you used on your video.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

I think we've covered that in our video: http://youtu.be/r8edH9l0Fik?t=37s The CSW V2 has an encoder, and not a switch. It might be a little confusing, but that's why.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.