[Solved] Fanatec CSPV3 pedals not responding after firmware update

Would you like to have Fanaleds-related discussions? This is the place.
Mic

Post by Mic »

Hi,

I updated the firmware of my pedals (through USB, with the Windows updater).
Although the update went smoothly and said it was successful, now, they are not recognized anymore. Not through USB, neither through direct connection to the wheel base.

Is there anything I missed?

If I try to rerun the updater through the Program Files folder it runs smoothly again, but does not fix that.

I tried unplugging, replugging etc.

Thanks for any help
Mic
Last edited by Mic on 19 Aug 2016, 17:23, edited 1 time in total.

Mic

Fanatec CSPV3 pedals not responding after firmware update

Post by Mic »

Ok, in case anyone runs into the same issue, I post here the solution that worked for me.

My understanding is that the updater in version 231 (current official) is broken - at least on my rig, Win10 64bits - : the pedals stayed in bootloader mode after update. The updater didn't "wait" for the pedals to be reset after update, it just put it again in bootloader mode instantly. Thus, the pedals were useless, but recognized as "Club sports pedals bootloader" by Windows.

I finally found a more recent version of the drivers, which are still in beta, where the issue is solved (the updater works just fine as expected). The file can be found on the official board in the CSPV3 beta firmware part : https://www.fanatec.com/forum/categorie ... 3-firmware. I used the May 2016 version.

Hope it can help if you have the same issue.

Mic

whitet3260

Post by whitet3260 »

Well. Wasn't it nice of Fanatec to let us know about this problem. I have spent the last three days trying to find a reason why my base and pedals both were not recognized after doing the "mandatory update." So nice of them to have me spend almost $2000 on their products and then make me waste three days of my life with a problem they knew jolly well about before they sent me the materials. I have found the Fanatec documentation to be as bad as their hardware is good. Yes, that's a backhanded compliment, but their Gerglish makes me crazy in the first place and the non-notification has just made me livid. No wonder their country is so messed up.

But thank you VERY much for letting me know about your solution.
Last edited by whitet3260 on 19 Sep 2016, 05:04, edited 1 time in total.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

Glad to hear you guys figured it out!

As you know Fanaleds isn't in any way tied to Fanatec, so we wouldn't have been able to help out unfortunately anyway.

unreal

Post by unreal »

i just registered an account here to say THANK YOU! took me hours to fix until i stumbled upon your post!

thank you!!!