Universal Hub - Any way to disable a button?

Would you like to have Fanaleds-related discussions? This is the place.
Globespy

Post by Globespy »

I'm using the universal hub for iRacing on an OSW.
One of the many buttons on the top of the hub is faulty and keeps activating itself. I've opened up the hub and taken the PCB boards out and made sure the rubber buttons are set properly. To no avail.
Since the Fanaleds program and Windows seem to know every button on the hub and it's number, I was hoping there was a way to permanently disable the button via an ".ini" file or the like - there's xml files for storing settings so I'm thinking there must be some way to add a 'switch' for any button (0 for off/1 for on)?
Appreciate any feedback
Last edited by Globespy on 24 Jan 2017, 23:42, edited 1 time in total.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

I'm afraid we don't have a solution for this.

Your best bet is to contact Fanatec, or maybe search for a program that can disable certain buttons for inputs. No idea if that really exists though.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

Globespy

Post by Globespy »

That's a shame, no worries.
I've found an app that's been around for over a decade. It's called 'xzapper' and seems to be able to manipulate controller input from literally any controller and that includes options to toggle on/off. I'm just awaiting a response from the developer in whether it will work for the Fanatec.

I wouldn't bother contacting Fanatec directly, they have one of the worst customer service experience around.