Fanaleds 2.4u

You can find the latest Fanaleds version here.
Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Fanaleds 2.4u

Post by Bose321 »

We have just released Fanaleds 2.4u with support for F1 2017, DiRT4, Project Cars 2, and a few other changes.

Read more: https://www.fanaleds.com/news/fanaleds-2-4u-released

Download: https://www.fanaleds.com/downloads
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

LeoBonilha

Re: Fanaleds 2.4t

Post by LeoBonilha »

Windows defender is reporting a virus on the file and it blocks and excludes the file from the download.

In no other version has he accused this.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

That's weird... Me and Dirk did not get that on the latest W10 version. We are looking into it.

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

... scratch that ...

We're looking into this, please stand by.

MeTurk

Post by MeTurk »

Same here, blocked because of Trojan "Trojan:Win32/Azden.A!cl"

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

Please be careful everybody, there seems to be some kind of trojan. We are investigating what is happening and have pulled the update for now.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

This only seems to happen for 2.4t for some reason. Older versions seem to be safe.

Seems something during the creation of the installer got in between. This means the website is not compromised, but only the installer.

Globespy

Post by Globespy »

Bose321 wrote:
13 Dec 2017, 15:06
This only seems to happen for 2.4t for some reason. Older versions seem to be safe.

Seems something during the creation of the installer got in between. This means the website is not compromised, but only the installer.
Are you positive about this?
I allowed the update to happen and all seemed to go well until Fanaleds opened and of course it's still version 'm' so the updater wants to download version 't' again (which is version 'm').

I'm hoping this is just a simple mistake by the devs, I'd appreciate if staff can confirm if there is a version 't' and if a simple naming convention mistake has been made causing this download update loop.

If not then I will have to rebuild my PC as my antivius is not picking anything up.
Thanks.

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

Globespy wrote:
13 Dec 2017, 15:21
Bose321 wrote:
13 Dec 2017, 15:06

Are you positive about this?
I allowed the update to happen and all seemed to go well until Fanaleds opened and of course it's still version 'm' so the updater wants to download version 't' again (which is version 'm').

I'm hoping this is just a simple mistake by the devs, I'd appreciate if staff can confirm if there is a version 't' and if a simple naming convention mistake has been made causing this download update loop.

If not then I will have to rebuild my PC as my antivius is not picking anything up.
Thanks.
Oh sorry about that! The website indeed reports 2.4t as latest release while we have disabled the release. It indeed downloads 2.4m everything now. I'll fix that.

And yes, no other versions or webpages are compromised.

Globespy

Post by Globespy »

UPDATE:
My Antivirus software (running a deep scan) indeed just picked up malware and has removed the files. I normally trust my software.

Again, please confirm if this an internal error.

EDIT:

Just saw your post.
I will await the fix then remove the block on the software.
Thanks