Fanaleds 2.4u

You can find the latest Fanaleds version here.
Globespy

Re: Fanaleds 2.4t

Post by Globespy »

PS - thanks as always for your tireless efforts in providing this software for free!
For OSW users like myself it's a very useful tool that allows me to use some of Fanatecs nice wheels with all their functionality.

Have a great day!

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

Globespy wrote:
13 Dec 2017, 15:24
UPDATE:
My Antivirus software (running a deep scan) indeed just picked up malware and has removed the files. I normally trust my software.

Again, please confirm if this an internal error.

EDIT:

Just saw your post.
I will await the fix then remove the block on the software.
Thanks
The website now returns the correct latest version.

The malware got injected when the installer/setup got made with the program. We have checked all versions and only 2.4t had this. We are looking into fixing this and updating a clean 2.4t.

Sorry for the trouble. If you have downloaded 2.4t make sure to run defender or MBAM to clean your PC.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

Globespy

Post by Globespy »

Bose321 wrote:
13 Dec 2017, 15:31
Globespy wrote:
UPDATE:
My Antivirus software (running a deep scan) indeed just picked up malware and has removed the files. I normally trust my software.

EDIT:

Just saw your post.
Thanks

The malware got injected when the installer/setup got made with the program. We have checked all versions and only 2.4t had this. We are looking into fixing this and updating a clean 2.4t.

Sorry for the trouble. If you have downloaded 2.4t make sure to run defender or MBAM to clean your PC.
Wait....so there was malicious activity on 2.4t? I thought you previously stated that it was just an internal mistake and not any compromise of your site?

LeoBonilha

Post by LeoBonilha »

Bose321 wrote:
Globespy wrote:
UPDATE:

EDIT:

Just saw your post.
Thanks

The same problem here. Devender virus detected!

Globespy

Post by Globespy »

Trojan:

Attachments
Trojan1.JPG
FanaledsTrojan.JPG

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

Globespy wrote:
13 Dec 2017, 16:00
Bose321 wrote:
Globespy wrote:
UPDATE:

EDIT:

Just saw your post.
Thanks

Wait....so there was malicious activity on 2.4t? I thought you previously stated that it was just an internal mistake and not any compromise of your site?
That's what we think. It looks like an internal mistake and the website is not compromised.

We're not sure though, because virusotal seems to have marked it as safe: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/00be ... 513171278/

It most likely is a false positive from Edge/Internet Explorer.

Globespy

Post by Globespy »

Bose321 wrote:
13 Dec 2017, 16:13
Globespy wrote:
13 Dec 2017, 16:00
Bose321 wrote:

That's what we think. It looks like an internal mistake and the website is not compromised.

We're not sure though, because virusotal seems to have marked it as safe: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/00be ... 513171278/

It most likely is a false positive from Edge/Internet Explorer.
Ok, then I'll await the news that it's been fixed. Still showing as version 'm' on the latest version update prompt

RodentYell

Post by RodentYell »

Front page says 2.4u releases says 2.4t downloads says 2.4m.... :lol:

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

Yeah we had 2.4u prepared to be sure but got the same notification. It really seems to be a false positive and maybe we have been a little too quick to judge. According to virustotal it's safe, but we don't want to risk having an unsafe update out, so we keep investigating.

The new version (2.4u or later) will be up once we're sure it's safe.

BARMotorsport

Post by BARMotorsport »

Any news? Is the patient breathing on it's own or does it still have a possible infection? :mrgreen: