Fanaleds 2.5b (and 2.4v and u) Freezes and un-freezes

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
BARMotorsport

Fanaleds 2.5b (and 2.4v and u) Freezes and un-freezes

Post by BARMotorsport »

Like more and more are reporting... and showing video evidence... Fanaleds works fine for a few laps then goes un-responsive and will catch up the next lap or so just to do it again and again!

Even working in the Fanaleds UI, it can become un-responsive for 20 seconds the refresh itself... This is happening in the UI and in the game... what can it be??? I try and put up with it like everyone else but this is no longer a tool that I can rely on for accurate shifting... I have other software like SLIMax and DashMeterPro that work flawlessly (but don't run my Siminstruments Dash)

It is like something is interfering or bombarding FANALEDs with weird data or something (maybe in the learn area for the brightness... when I try and assign a button, I see lots going on in there when I doing nothing on the wheel or pedals?)

PLEASE DON'T IGNORE THIS ONE... Please.

duerrs

Re: Fanaleds 2.5b (and 2.4v and u) Freezes and un-freezes

Post by duerrs »

Im sure they know about this. I swear it was working fine yesterday but not 100 percent sure. Personally I would rather see them working on the problem rather then spending time on the boards but....some kind of "hey, chill out, we know there is a problem and will release a fix when it is available" message would be nice. Its nice to know that im not the only one with the problem.

BARMotorsport

Post by BARMotorsport »

No you're not crazy! In fact, my Fanaleds can work flawlessly for an entire evening (which is very rare), a few hours later and in goes out for most of every lap. I used to think it was a track thing in that it sometimes only works on certain parts of a given track... but that is not always the case. I look back at old video I shot over the years and see my SLI and timing devices working flawlessly on Fanaleds, now the lack of consistency and precision is really bumming me out especially when I see my other SLI type devices receive sim data perfectly while Fanaled devices don't.

Makes no difference what else I have running or the the effected sim, this stuff can happen on RRE, AC, PC2 and iRacing.

Yes, Fanaleds, at least tell us that you can reproduce it and will try and trap it... or not.

BARMotorsport

Post by BARMotorsport »

UPDATE: (2nd time typing this, your site is crashing!)

1. Website is Not Responding every few minutes.
2. Fanaleds User Interface goes Not Responding every time I click something for 20 seconds.
3. Fanaleds app itself is acting just like the user interface... several times a lap... useless.

I went into Microsoft Resource Monitor under CPU and clicked on your Not Responding program and asked Resource Monitor to "Analyze your Wait Chain" and this is what I got... hope this helps you guys!
Fanaleds msg.png

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

Seems like there are a lot of people with this issue. We haven't experienced it ourself, but we'll look into it as soon as we get to it. In theory 2.5b should run better because it communicates less with the website. The website doesn't crash or something, but it can be that it's slightly overloaded because there are a lot of people these days.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

BARMotorsport

Post by BARMotorsport »

Bose321 wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 10:35
Seems like there are a lot of people with this issue. We haven't experienced it ourself, but we'll look into it as soon as we get to it. In theory 2.5b should run better because it communicates less with the website. The website doesn't crash or something, but it can be that it's slightly overloaded because there are a lot of people these days.
Thank you so much for your reply! I don't know where you guys are but here in Southern California, you website is now taking more than 20 seconds to reply on any click! Took over two minutes just to get to this page.
Question: Does Fanaleds program actually communicate with your website while running?
I can't believe it would but if it is, then there could be an answer as to why it runs so sporadically with your website and UI taking just as long per click as your website. ...Just asking. It would be so nice to have it working again.

Thanks for your support!
Sincerely

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

It does communicate while running indeed. The website loads instantly here, so that might explain!

We'll see what we can do.

duerrs

Post by duerrs »

Let me ask, why would Fanaleds need to communicate with your server once its running? I understand if its checking for updates but that can be disabled, no? The only communication that makes sense to me would be from fanaleds program to fanatec drivers and iracing (all running locally on the pc) with the exception of iracing or (insert racing game here). What exactly is your server doing if not only for updates? One side note is that Windows Defender still does not like this program....isnt it a bit odd that both norton antivirus and windows defender have flagged fanaleds as a threat?

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

It does check with intervals for updates (some people have their PC turned on always with Fanaleds running).

I've talked to Dirk and he thinks it is something else, not the communication with the website. Most likely some fix for Thrustmaster. But we're not sure yet, so we'll let you know when we know more.

And because two AV detect something in Fanaleds (I believe Defender only when downloading, not installing) says more about those 2 AV's I think. You can run a scan on something like virustotal where you can see all other AV's do not find anything, because there is nothing to find.

duerrs

Post by duerrs »

Windows Defender picked it up when I installed it. In the past, the second i downloaded the program, norton deleted it right away (not sure about defender since it was deleted right away by norton). This time around, downloaded fine, when i clicked on the install, defender came up with a warning. I hope this helps.