Fanatec LED'S Not Working Properly In Assetto Corsa

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
menacegtr

Fanatec LED'S Not Working Properly In Assetto Corsa

Post by menacegtr »

Hi to you all. I am new here so I apologise if this has been covered somewhere here. I thought i would bring this up here as this is the place to get questions answered
I have a Fanatec USB converted formula carbon rim from SRM. I just want to know if anyone who has one is experience weird led flashing and abnormal behaviour in Assetto Corsa? It just goes mad and does all Kinds of flashing and not working right. It's fine in Pcars 2 but have not tried it in AMS and RRE as yet but i assume it will. I just want to know if i need to do some editing in any files to get it working, i am using fanaleds. I have tried it in usb 2 and 3 but makes no difference. As i go through the rev range it just does whatever it likes instead of going to the end of the led's and flashing to let me know to change gear. It's very odd and want to know if its happening to others

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Re: Fanatec LED'S Not Working Properly In Assetto Corsa

Post by DirkT »

I'm afraid that conversion isn't known to us in any way. The fact that it does 'something' probably means they based the conversion kit on an existing piece of hardware.

I might be able to have a look at it if somebody could provide me with the details of the conversion kit, so I you could manage we get that info we might have an in.

menacegtr

Post by menacegtr »

Thank you for taking the time to reply. It is still a fanatec rim and reports as a clubsport rim in device manager and was professionally modified by sim racing machines in the uk. I just don't know why the leds are very erratic

menacegtr

Post by menacegtr »

DirkT wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 13:01
I'm afraid that conversion isn't known to us in any way. The fact that it does 'something' probably means they based the conversion kit on an existing piece of hardware.

I might be able to have a look at it if somebody could provide me with the details of the conversion kit, so I you could manage we get that info we might have an in.
Not sure if its ok to put link from another forum so i apologize if its not and feel free to remove. I had this issue start on racedepartment and here are some replys
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ ... st-2874380

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

No worries, I think the conversion kit is "acting" like a genuine Fanatec device but not with the exact same features. So the guys who do the conversion are better of not pretending as a Fanatec and just make their own spec and contacting us for proper support.

haiden

Post by haiden »

Hello, I stumbled across this thread, looking for a solution to the same issue.

You mentioned the issue being with the conversion kit, but the issue is specific to Assetto Corsa. The display works fine with Fanaled and all other sims. The problem is only with Assetto Corsa. If it was the conversion kit, wouldn't it be affecting all sims?

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

True, but than none of the devices should work with Assetto Corsa, and that's also not the case. So something different is happening here I'm afraid.