Page 2 of 3
Re: Fuel indicator and rfactor 1, GTR2
Posted: 19 Jun 2013, 00:02
by Bose321
Is this only in rF1 and rF2? When you leave the pits with 50% fuel, does it still say 99?
Re: Fuel indicator and rfactor 1, GTR2
Posted: 20 Jun 2013, 02:14
by Flatspotter
Yes, and yes. This used to work in both games, but stopped a while ago.
Re: Fuel indicator and rfactor 1, GTR2
Posted: 20 Jun 2013, 15:49
by Bose321
Allright that's clear then. We'll take a look at it.
Re: Fuel indicator and rfactor 1, GTR2
Posted: 21 Jun 2013, 17:31
by Bose321
Are you using any mods or something? I just tried the game with multiple cars and mods, but couldn't find the problem. I did however found a bug with cars that have a tank bigger than 99 liters. The first digit would be cut off. Other than that I couldn't really find it.
The only thing that would be possible is that the value of the tank isn't working, on which Fanaleds falls back to a percentage. Only problem is that the percentage isn't working. But there shouldn't be a reason why the value shouldn't be working in the first place...
Could you tell me more about the cars/mods you're using, and how much fuel you put in them?
PS: The bug with the fuel value that's above 99L is solved and will be pushed through in a new release.
Re: Fuel indicator and rfactor 1, GTR2
Posted: 23 Jun 2013, 21:39
by Flatspotter
In rFactor, I am using Enduracers Endurance Series mod, Historic GT and Touring Cars mod, and CSGT WSC 1970 mod.
In rFactor2, I am using the ISI cars and Lola T280 mod.
All mods exhibit this behavior, as far as I have noticed.
In the Endurance Series mod, I did some testing with a Porsche 997. The fuel tank capacity is 23.8 gallons. The display shows 99 until the fuel gets to 6.9 gallons, at which point it reads 98. Here are some other values:
Gallons Display
23.8 99
7.1 99
6.9 98
3.7 52
1.8 26
0.8 11
0.3 3
0.0 E 0
So, for this car, it seems to be reading percentage, but it thinks 7 gallons is a full tank.
All of the other parameters (gear, speed, RPM) work properly.
Edit: Sorry, the forum software removed the spaces in my table above.
Re: Fuel indicator and rfactor 1, GTR2
Posted: 24 Jun 2013, 00:08
by Bose321
Could you try to drive default rFactor cars that are not part of a mod? That way we can verify that Fanaleds is indeed reading the wrong max value of the tank. Have you tried to switch to metric again in Fanaleds to see if the results are the same? I'd like to rule out all possible things.
Re: Fuel indicator and rfactor 1, GTR2
Posted: 04 Jul 2013, 01:00
by Flatspotter
OK, I tried the Howston, and I get the same thing; 7 gallons is a full tank (99%). If I switch the speed to KPH, I get the correct fuel reading in liters, in both the Howston and other mods.
So, it looks like the problem occurs when setting the speed to MPH.
Would it be possible to have the fuel read in gallons instead of liters when MPH is selected?
Re: Fuel indicator and rfactor 1, GTR2
Posted: 04 Jul 2013, 01:05
by Bose321
That's actually something we're working on right now. I hope you are patient enough to wait.

Re: Fuel indicator and rfactor 1, GTR2
Posted: 12 Jul 2013, 00:23
by Flatspotter
Update: I installed v.1.6, and now the fuel display doesn't work at all. It's blank when I try to display it. Speed, gear and RPM still work fine.
Re: Fuel indicator and rfactor 1, GTR2
Posted: 12 Jul 2013, 06:27
by falcon0580
Same has happened to me..... no fuel indicator at all now.