Page 1 of 2

Shifter quits [solved]

Posted: 10 Mar 2013, 06:50
by cmans
Hello, I have a CSW wheel and recently purchased a "FL2" adapter box to plug the shifter from my old G27 directly into a usb port. The shifter works great if I don't run Fanaleds. Fanaleds causes the shifter not to be recognized in windows....shut off fanaleds and poof its working.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your time.

Cris Mans

Re: Shifter quits

Posted: 10 Mar 2013, 12:40
by Bose321
Thanks for the report. We will have a look at this.

Re: Shifter quits

Posted: 12 Mar 2013, 09:28
by DirkT
This is the one you are using correct?

http://www.basherboards.com/FL2

I'm not sure what happens, and probably need one of these boxes to be able to track this down. Fanaleds "recognizes" two brands of hardware, Fanatec and Logitec (SLI is only alpha-beta) Fanatec devices are handled through the SDK provided by Fanatec. Logitech is being controlled by direct HID-USB packets, and ONLY for the G27.

I'm guessing this has something to do on how the box makes itself known, as to why it dissappears in windows. I might be able to build some sort of debug Fanaleds version for you to test, but not sure when I have the time to do so.

Keep you posted.

Re: Shifter quits

Posted: 12 Mar 2013, 17:30
by cmans
That is correct, I am using the "basherboards/FL2" adapter box and yes I agree with you that it shows up as a HID device. I am sorry not trying to make your life miserable, I just thought maybe there was an easy fix. I suppose I could run it through the CSW wheel and then it would work but then I would loose all the buttons on the shifter.

Re: Shifter quits

Posted: 13 Mar 2013, 09:17
by DirkT
I understand you would want to use it standalone, I would too.

Can you do something for me? Withouth running fanaleds, make a screenshot of you game controllers window in Windows. And then, a screenshot with fanaleds running. Would like to know if the controller is still visible in that area.

Also, if you could manage, could you lookup the vendorID and productID of the shifterbox? You sould be able to look it up in the advanced device manager somewhere. Or you could use something like http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html (free tool)

Re: Shifter quits

Posted: 13 Mar 2013, 20:04
by cmans
Ok sure can do. The game controller shows the sifter with or with out fanaleds running, The buttons just quit lighting up when fanaleds is running.

The vendor id is: 04d8 and the product id is: f754
Firmware 1.10
Paerent id prefix: 6&c8b1a1&0
driver: hidusb.sys

Hope this helps you.

Thanks cris




DirkT wrote:I understand you would want to use it standalone, I would too.

Can you do something for me? Withouth running fanaleds, make a screenshot of you game controllers window in Windows. And then, a screenshot with fanaleds running. Would like to know if the controller is still visible in that area.

Also, if you could manage, could you lookup the vendorID and productID of the shifterbox? You sould be able to look it up in the advanced device manager somewhere. Or you could use something like http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html (free tool)

Re: Shifter quits

Posted: 14 Mar 2013, 07:51
by DirkT
Okay, I might have some idea, though still, would be strange if it has anything to do with it. I'll try and build a custom test version for you tonight or tomorrow, I'll disable the input buttons readout in fanaleds.

If that doesn't help, I'll try disabling G27 support, if that fails, disabling Fanatec SDK. I'd like to find out which interface (code side) is causing the blockage.

Re: Shifter quits

Posted: 16 Mar 2013, 23:40
by cmans
Ok, I discovered that if I have fanaleds minimized the the g27 shifter works...wierd...If I can see the fanaleds window it don't work, but now I have a new problem fanaleds can't "learn" a button off my CSW. The buttons are working in windows but not in fanaleds.

Re: Shifter quits

Posted: 27 Mar 2013, 18:04
by mrbasher
Dirk,

Don't rack your brain over this. I have determined that it is an issue with the firmware on the FL2 and I am currently working on a fix. I have it sorted, I just need to get it prepared for release.

When it's ready I will post a link here so that cmans can use it. End users can update the firmware on the FL2 easily.

Thanks for pointing this out. :)

Re: Shifter quits

Posted: 27 Mar 2013, 20:01
by Bose321
Thanks for letting us know! That will save us a big headache. :lol: