Page 1 of 3

Fuel indicator and rfactor 1, GTR2 [Solved]

Posted: 08 May 2013, 22:25
by falcon0580
Hello, I just downloaded your program for the first time, never used previous versions. I am using it with a CSR Fanatec wheel.
Everything works fine except one thing. I mostly use rfactor 1 and GTR2, and I will like to use my wheel display to see my fuel level (because I have other external displays for gear, speed, and a physical tachometer).
In rfactor, it is not displaying the correct amount (it displays half of the correct amount) and it also starts to flash quickly with a "99" in the display, which is a bit annoying.
In GTR2, it displays the correct amount of fuel, but it also has the flashing problem with the "99" display.
Thanks for any advice or help you can give me.
Regards.

Re: Fuel indicator and rfactor 1, GTR2

Posted: 09 May 2013, 00:17
by Bose321
Does the whole display flash, or just the dots in your display? Does anything change when you turn on/off the pit limiter?

I tried both games but couldn't find a problem actually. Which versions of the games are you running?

Re: Fuel indicator and rfactor 1, GTR2

Posted: 09 May 2013, 03:51
by SwiftyOne
I don't have rFactor 1, But Tested in GTR 2 without a problem ;) Also works good with rFactor 2

Edit: Just to add I installed GTR 2 just to test the new FanaLeds..So GTR 2 is a clean install without any add-ons :)

Re: Fuel indicator and rfactor 1, GTR2

Posted: 09 May 2013, 20:36
by falcon0580
Hello,
The complete display flashes. And nothing different happens when activating pit limiter.
I use rfactor 1.255 and GTR2 1.1.00
I dont know if maybe the reason for the problem is that I have a lot of plugins....(tvstle, mapplugin, symprojects, xd, glovepie)
Thanks for your interest!

Re: Fuel indicator and rfactor 1, GTR2

Posted: 09 May 2013, 20:54
by Bose321
Could you try isolating the problem by temporarily disabling those other plug-ins?

Re: Fuel indicator and rfactor 1, GTR2

Posted: 10 May 2013, 01:22
by falcon0580
OK, I just downloaded your last update (h version), and the flashing disappeared, no more "99". Now, The fuel level is correct in rfactor, but the fuel level is incorrect in GTR2 (twice or more).
Thanks anyway

Re: Fuel indicator and rfactor 1, GTR2

Posted: 10 May 2013, 08:37
by Bose321
Do you have both Fanaleds and GTR2 in the same unit? (Imperial/Metric)

Re: Fuel indicator and rfactor 1, GTR2

Posted: 10 May 2013, 08:51
by DirkT
Could also be down to the fact GTR2 is reporting its fuel in percentage and rFactor not. Not sure anymore why I did that, I'll have a look and see whether it could be exact.

Re: Fuel indicator and rfactor 1, GTR2

Posted: 10 May 2013, 23:04
by falcon0580
Hello, I have both set in the same units.
I think that you discovered the problem, it might be that GTR2 is reporting in percentage because in GTR2 I filled up the tank with 60 liters (the maximum capacity of the car I'm driving at the moment) and the display in the wheel is 99... so you are right!!.. I guess I can live with that and know that what is displayed is percentage of fuel left and not amount of fuel left.... thanks!
Regards
Christian

Re: Fuel indicator and rfactor 1, GTR2

Posted: 18 Jun 2013, 23:59
by Flatspotter
I have the 99 problem in rFactor and rFactor2, except no blinking, and the display shows 99 even when the tank is well under full. It doesn't go down from 99 until the tank is near empty (a couple of gallons). This started 2 or so builds ago.