Carrera Wheel Problem!!

Have you found a bug? Please report it here.
krakilin12

Carrera Wheel Problem!!

Post by krakilin12 »

so i got race on (race 07 series) and i was plaing it, i got scared because my LCD display was working with fanleds,l with never hapenned i was jolly happy that moment.
the next day i was going to play it again waiting to have the same results, but i didn't.

i want to ask if this wheel is FULLY compatible with fanaleds if it isn't, could you guys try to research a bit pls??

thanks and sorry for the english

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Re: Carrera Wheel Problem!!

Post by Bose321 »

As I've said via the emails, Fanatec has a SDK which we have to use. According to Fanatec some older wheels are not compatible with this SDK. In other words: we can't do anything about it.

You can check our FAQ to see which wheels are 100% compatible: http://www.fanaleds.com/faq

It's very strange that it worked one time and stopped working. Did you check our readme to see if the game is set up right? http://fanaleds.com/readme
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

krakilin12

Post by krakilin12 »

yes i checked and it is nicely configured
and i still dont understand why fanatec is "excluding" the old wheels

SwiftyOne
Beta tester

Post by SwiftyOne »

krakilin12 wrote: i still dont understand why fanatec is "excluding" the old wheels
Maybe ask that question to Fanatec ;) And, put in a good word for FanaLEDs too 8-)

Thanks bro :)
Swifty
Project CARS...The Worlds Most Beautiful Racing Simulation..For PC, XBone, PS4, and Wii U...Release November 2014
http://www.wmdportal.com/projects/cars/

krakilin12

Post by krakilin12 »

i think i have the solution
so i was trying diferent firmwares turbo s for example and i discovered that th fanaleds recognised the wheel as a turbo s and stoped doing error and stuff
so if you guys could disgise the carrera as a turbo S it migth work and i will be happy as wheel the oter player with the carrera wheel
i think this might work

krakilin12

Post by krakilin12 »

so could you guys help?

DirkT
Fanaleds developer

Post by DirkT »

We don't write the firmwares, so we can't disguise the Carrera wheel as an S wheel. If you want that, you'd have to use the firmware you used earlier, pretty much nothing we can do about... sorry, it's not that we don't want to.
Last edited by DirkT on 16 May 2013, 09:04, edited 1 time in total.

krakilin12

Post by krakilin12 »

no, you guys can make a porshe carrera firmware work with the turbo s IN THE FANALEDS APP not in the actual wheel.
i cant control the wheel with the turbo s firmware isntaled in the wheel but in the fanaleds i can
another thing, the carrera wheel CPU isn't slow or even bad for the app, and the way the firmware works is the exact same as a turbo wheel.
you could ask some help to the fanatec guys.
sorry to bore you but i don't give up that easely.
cheers

Bose321
Fanaleds developer

Post by Bose321 »

Wrong. We can't alter the firmware in any way. We also cannot disguise a wheel as something else. That's all happening on the Fanatec side.

Fanatec says it's not fast enough for a reason. The GT3RS V1 for example also didn't work good. However, when they released the GT3RS V2 wheel, it worked perfect because they upgraded the CPU in the wheel. This is not possible with the Carrera wheel and therefore will not be supported by Fanatec. I doubt Fanatec is going to spend a lot of time and money in these wheels.

I'm sorry, but we can't help you. Your last option would be to contact Fanatec about it.
Fanaleds. Enhance your racing experience. Personal portfolio.

krakilin12

Post by krakilin12 »

ok
it is what it is, i hope some day you have the necessary support, because it worked perfectly one time so why not another?
send me a e-mail if you get the support.
pls don't forget me, because like me, there are some others.
thanks for your pacience