Page 1 of 1
CSW LED Display Freeze [solved]
Posted: 16 May 2013, 08:04
by RCdriver1
iRacing, gear indicator works at start of session, but if I come to a stop and pit, it will stay on whatever gear I was in when I stopped. I cannot scroll to any other selection when this happens. The rev lights continue to function.
Also get no wheel vibration at rev limit.
CSW base, BMW rim, CS v2's, CSR H-shifter
Windows 7/64bit
Re: CSW LED Display Freeze
Posted: 16 May 2013, 08:33
by RCdriver1
Sorry guys, issue seems to have been temporary. LED's working fine now.
Wheel vibration only after banging the limiter pretty hard, and very weak and hardly noticeable. By the time you notice that, it's negligible.
Re: CSW LED Display Freeze
Posted: 16 May 2013, 11:11
by Bose321
Do you have a custom car profile? You could lower the max RPM value so the rumble would kick in earlier. Is your SH0 setting on your wheel on 100? We can't help the rumble motors being a little weak on the wheel rim unfortunately.
Re: CSW LED Display Freeze
Posted: 17 May 2013, 05:25
by RCdriver1
Sho is only at 40%, but most of the other settings are pretty low too, and seem to balance out pretty well. I'm trying to drive fast, not get a workout. I am using the brackets with the gear selection, and they seem to show up in my peripheral better than the shift lights.
No custom car settings, though I am intrigued. I can see where this might help if I can make the motors or lights signal for an upshift in the proper part of the torque band instead of banging the top end on everything.
I am just putting this stuff through the wringer and am seeing probs. that are not related to Fanaleds, as I have seen the same issues after turning it off.
Great job by the way. I have been researching everything related to the driving sim market for many years and am happy to finally get into the pc part of it. I find Fanaleds very easy to use and am impressed by your support to the community.
Thank You
Re: CSW LED Display Freeze
Posted: 17 May 2013, 15:58
by Bose321
Thanks for your kind words! It's nice to hear that Fanaleds is that easy to use for someone that is new to it.
If I recall correctly, SH0 is only the rumble for the motors in your wheel rim. Setting that higher won't require more effort to turn the wheel, it's just making it rumble harder.
Let us know if you find anything.
edit: If you don't mind, I used your last sentence as quote on our website.
