Page 1 of 2
Shift_Light_Levels in Richard Burns Rally NOT working
Posted: 04 Aug 2013, 02:45
by magicaldog
Hi People
I got Fanaled to show the shift indicator in RBR but no matter what value I put in the gidll_config.txt after the Shift_Light_Levels line Fanaleds just wont show any Flash Indicators for upshift

Re: Shift_Light_Levels in Richard Burns Rally NOT working
Posted: 04 Aug 2013, 10:28
by Bose321
I'm not sure about the .txt file you mention, but have you made a custom profile car profile?
Are the revLEDs working normally?
Re: Shift_Light_Levels in Richard Burns Rally NOT working
Posted: 04 Aug 2013, 13:14
by magicaldog
The revLEDs and shift indicator works in Race07, Assetto Corsa and netKar Pro.
I don't know how to make a custom profile car profile ?
This text is contained in the textfile called gidll_config.txt
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Config file for "Gear Indicator Dll" project.
#
# Game -- Richard Burns Rally
#
# The rest of a line after the pound (#) is ignored.
# If it is non-zero, draw debugging rectangle at top-left corner.
# Also, generate several debugging messages into gidll_log.txt
# every frame, so the log file can be huge.
Debug 0
# IP address and port to send data to.
IP 127.0.0.1
Port 30000
# Set the rpm level, when set the shift light on
# The default value is 6000 rpm for each car, which is wrong, for sure.
# You have to find the value, that matches your car/setup/preference.....
# Car slot [00] [01] [02] [03] [04] [05] [06] [07]
Shift_Light_Levels 50 50 50 50 50 50 50 50
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Shift_Light_Levels in Richard Burns Rally NOT working
Posted: 04 Aug 2013, 17:54
by Bose321
You'll have to make a profile for your cars via Fanaleds.
Advanced > Car settings
Re: Shift_Light_Levels in Richard Burns Rally NOT working
Posted: 04 Aug 2013, 21:36
by magicaldog
I made a profile (see attachment) but now the display shows nothing when using
Richard Burns Rally
There are no profiles for
Assetto Corsa, Race07 or
netKar Pro but they all work fine with the display showing both RevLeds and Shift Indicators ?

Re: Shift_Light_Levels in Richard Burns Rally NOT working
Posted: 04 Aug 2013, 21:50
by Bose321
The other games don't need any settings because they send everything we need for it to work.
The way RBR works is very hacky and not stable. I'm not even sure if the RPM works properly, also with the mods that the game has. I can't seem to find my copy of the game so I can't try anything myself atm.
Re: Shift_Light_Levels in Richard Burns Rally NOT working
Posted: 04 Aug 2013, 22:06
by magicaldog
Since Fanaleds is a plugin I find it odd why you should not place the files in the plugin folder of Richard Burns Rally ?
Re: Shift_Light_Levels in Richard Burns Rally NOT working
Posted: 04 Aug 2013, 23:40
by Bose321
Fanaleds is not a plugin. Fanaleds is a stand-alone application which uses telemetry from the games. In the case of RBR, Fanaleds needs to use a hacky plugin to get some features.
Re: Shift_Light_Levels in Richard Burns Rally NOT working
Posted: 05 Aug 2013, 00:03
by magicaldog
So there should NOT be any Fanaleds files in the Richard Burns Rally plugin folder ?
Re: Shift_Light_Levels in Richard Burns Rally NOT working
Posted: 05 Aug 2013, 00:57
by Bose321
As far as I know the readme on our website is all needed to make it run.