Page 1 of 1
Fanatec CSW loses return to center function.[Video]
Posted: 05 Oct 2013, 02:54
by T3hDon
After installing the Fanaleds software the return to center function of the CSW wheel no longer works. At one point the wheel would return to center on certain USB ports and be recognized within Fanaleds on the other USB ports. After the latest round of uninstall/reinstalling the Fanaleds/Fanatec Drivers, Fanaleds now recognizes the wheel on all usb ports and the wheel no longer returns to center at all. Previously, when the wheel would return to center on
certain usb ports the Fanaled software would not recognize the wheel and would report "Unrecognized Fanatec device trying to support" on those ports. Wheel functions completely fine when not connected to the PC. Now the return to center function doesn't work at all when connected to the PC even if one or both programs are uninstalled.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFpoj3xm5nU
Re: Fanatec CSW loses return to center function.[Video]
Posted: 05 Oct 2013, 10:56
by Bose321
Hi,
Thanks for explaining it in your video. I'm afraid the comment from Simracer92, on your video, is correct. This is something Fanatec apparently disabled. I hope this isn't a real problem while driving or something?
When Fanaleds can't recognize the wheel, does Windows still fully recognize it as a CSW? If so, we would have something to take a look at.
I'm sorry I can't help you any further. Your best bet would be to maybe contact Fanatec and ask if this would still be possible.
Re: Fanatec CSW loses return to center function.[Video]
Posted: 08 Oct 2013, 08:00
by T3hDon
After my initial post I soon learned that this is normal function. When used with a PS3 (playing GT5) the wheel would return to zero. This was the only experience I had with the wheel so I assumed it was normal.
Re: Fanatec CSW loses return to center function.[Video]
Posted: 09 Dec 2013, 05:25
by doublealpha
Hey. The 'return to centre' that you're talking about is their 'spring action'. There's a menu item in the wheel settings and I've driven with it working on the PC in iRacing but there's no consistent way to enable it. Yes it works in PS3 always. Whenever you have a doubt you can unplug the usb and just start the wheel to feel this feature in action.
Unfortunately I refuse to race without this feature and it takes me sometimes hours to get it working. I'll try different USB ports and turn the wheel and PC on and off several times to find the right combination. Then, sometimes in a race it will switch itself off. It's the most frustrating thing about the CSW, besides the fact that I've had to send it back them for one reason or another three bloody times.
Spring-action works in PC but you have to be foolishly patient but it's worth it. I'd love any advice on how to ensure it works without tweaking. New USB card, anything. Please.