Page 1 of 2
New update interfers with oculus rift
Posted: 10 Nov 2013, 23:50
by philippb
Hi
Thanks for this fantastic software.
I wanted to report a bug with oculus rift. Since the new update after I start Fanaleds my oculus rift isn't recognized anymore in sdk utility as well as iracing. Head tracking doesnt work anymore.
This is on windows 7 64bit.
Regards
Philipp
Re: New update interfers with oculus rift
Posted: 11 Nov 2013, 09:36
by roders
Might be a stupid question.....but why would you run Fanaleds with an Oculus Rift?
How do you see the LED's when you are wearing a rift?
Re: New update interfers with oculus rift
Posted: 11 Nov 2013, 09:44
by DirkT
So when you close Fanaleds everything works just fine?
Also a valid point

, could be for rumble effects only.
Re: New update interfers with oculus rift
Posted: 11 Nov 2013, 21:16
by philippb
yes i miss the rumble and the break threshold
and yes after i close fanaleds sdk utility software from rift recognizes again.
Re: New update interfers with oculus rift
Posted: 12 Nov 2013, 09:22
by DirkT
What does lastlog.txt state in your settings folder? (Fanaleds ->File -> Open settings folder)
Re: New update interfers with oculus rift
Posted: 13 Nov 2013, 15:58
by philippb
The problem is resolved i think. When I used another USB Hub the problem didn't appear anymore. So it might not be related to Fanaleds software.
Re: New update interfers with oculus rift
Posted: 13 Nov 2013, 16:18
by DirkT
I hope so
We only open up devices that actually are supported by us, so it would be weird if we somehow stopped the Rift from working, or even being seen.
Re: New update interfers with oculus rift
Posted: 13 Nov 2013, 16:34
by philippb
The problem is still there even with the new usb hub. I was too early with my judgment.
Here is the log:
0: Log opened with debug level: 4
0: Log opened with debug level: 0
0: Fanaleds already running, giving focus
0: Autoupdater: Running latest available version.
Re: New update interfers with oculus rift
Posted: 13 Nov 2013, 18:17
by DirkT
I see which problem you're having now, see this link:
https://developer.oculusvr.com/forums/v ... =34&t=1043
Could you test something out for me? Begin using the Rift without starting up Fanaleds. Then, when it's up and running. Alt-tab back to Windows and fire up Fanaleds. Does that also make it stop working or does it keep working after that?
If you ask me this is somewhat of a fault over at Oculus, but I'll try and find a workaround anyway. When ready I'll send you a testbuild directly.
Re: New update interfers with oculus rift
Posted: 14 Nov 2013, 00:48
by philippb
hi dirk
yes the rift isn't recognized anymore by "oculus configuration utility application" after I start fanaleds.
i dont know if something is messed up with my usb slot configuration or if it has something to do with one of the last updates from fanaleds. i am almost sure this problem wasn't there before the 2.0 or 2.0b update.
thx for your help and concentrate on improving the rumble
