Page 1 of 1

v2.1 iRacing No Brake/ABS Vibration

Posted: 27 Dec 2013, 02:31
by Apex2Apex
Hello all,

1. Fantastic product.. once I get everything working, I will be donating!

2. I primarily run iRacing with Fanatec CSW wheel and ClubSport v2 Pedals connected directly to the wheel.

when I run WITHOUT FanaLEDs.. my brake/ABS vibration works.

when i run WITH FanaLEDs, I loose my Brake/ABS vibration. Also in the FanaLEDs properties window, it only shows the Wheel Clubsport BMW, and "none" for Pedals.

Is this a bug? What am I missing here? I have iRacing setup as my active profile and have checked ALL for rumble affects... and even turned off Engine to make test to no avail. Please advise. Thanks.

Re: v2.1 iRacing No Brake/ABS Vibration

Posted: 27 Dec 2013, 15:18
by Bose321
Don't think there's anything we can do. The Fanatec SDK, which we rely on, does not have the option to let the brake pedal rumble directly through the wheel, or it's very inconsistent.

Your best option will be to plug in your pedals via USB. However, we have had several reports of the V2 pedals not working at all. We do not have any V2 pedals our self to test, so if it doesn't work via USB, you might be interested in helping us?

Re: v2.1 iRacing No Brake/ABS Vibration

Posted: 27 Dec 2013, 15:35
by Apex2Apex
Thank you for the reply.

If I run iRacing without FanaLEDS.. My brake/ABS function works.

The thing that I noticed is that when I launch FanaLEDS is that my Pedals do not show at all in your app.

I will try connecting via USB later this afternoon. I am EST time.

Re: v2.1 iRacing No Brake/ABS Vibration

Posted: 27 Dec 2013, 17:38
by Apex2Apex
Bose321 wrote:Don't think there's anything we can do. The Fanatec SDK, which we rely on, does not have the option to let the brake pedal rumble directly through the wheel, or it's very inconsistent.

Your best option will be to plug in your pedals via USB. However, we have had several reports of the V2 pedals not working at all. We do not have any V2 pedals our self to test, so if it doesn't work via USB, you might be interested in helping us?
and yes, I can help!

Re: v2.1 iRacing No Brake/ABS Vibration

Posted: 27 Dec 2013, 18:45
by Apex2Apex
ok.. plugged in via USB and the Pedals are now recognized and there is pedal vibration...

BUT.. the timing is WAY off.. they start vibrating AFTER brake lockup and AFTER lifting of the pedal. The ABS should vibrate at the point of brake lockup.

Re: v2.1 iRacing No Brake/ABS Vibration

Posted: 27 Dec 2013, 19:07
by Bose321
You might want to adjust your brake threshold then. I think you should put the slider to the right.

Re: v2.1 iRacing No Brake/ABS Vibration

Posted: 27 Dec 2013, 19:09
by Apex2Apex
Bose321 wrote:You might want to adjust your brake threshold then. I think you should put the slider to the right.
Yes, slider to the right.. I also configured each car with 100 for threshold. It is still too late for vibration to engage, I have already slid past my corner. When the pedals are plugged directly into the wheel, the brake pedal vibration with wheel lockup is instant, you can tell the difference, I don't ever miss a corner.

Anyway to make it engage even sooner? edit an file somewhere?

Also, I noticed that vibration is still on After the pedal has been released, how do I resolve that?

Thanks.
Chris

Re: v2.1 iRacing No Brake/ABS Vibration

Posted: 28 Dec 2013, 23:24
by DirkT
Apex2Apex wrote:Yes, slider to the right.. I also configured each car with 100 for threshold.
Silder at 100 will enable the rumble as soon as possible really, there's no delay in that whatsoever, but because of the way the lock detection works for games like iRacing it isn't accurate. For now there's nothing we can do about that.

To go into detail, we use the current RPM versus the current Gear ratio differentiation. The ratio is pretty stable while your not braking, and should still be stable when your wheels don't lock up. The problem is, this ratio is in relation to the rear tyres. As most of the cars in iRacing are RWD the front wheels tend to lock up a bit earlier, but we can't detect that in iRacing because they don't output any wheel data in the live telemetry. Hacking into iRacing to get to these values is a BAD plan to detect this because you will surely be banned for life.
Apex2Apex wrote: Also, I noticed that vibration is still on After the pedal has been released, how do I resolve that?
This is down to the fact rumble isn't noticeable when you let it rumble for say 10ms, you don't feel that. Therefore we chose to let the rumble be at least around 200ms, so you will feel it. But this does mean the rumble can still be going while no longer breaking.

I might try to cut off the rumble earlier, I'll have to run some more tests first.