Page 1 of 1

RPM perc. and iRacing

Posted: 28 Dec 2013, 03:12
by giuseppepilot86
Hello.
I was testing this useful function and noticed that iRacing always keeps its own profile curves for each car, which can be a good and a bad thing at the same time. It would be nice to have a separate setting which controls a modifed rpm curve made by the user for each led based on the total car' s rpm. Also, it would be nice to have the possibility to select at which percentage of the total rpms of a car the upshift selected led/s will start to flash. I know this is probably not the right section to ask a feature suggestion, but I created this topic thinking to had found a bug but then I solved it. So then I changed the title and the text not having the possibility to delete the thread.

Re: RPM perc. and iRacing

Posted: 28 Dec 2013, 12:23
by Bose321
Take a look at the car editor. I believe that's what you mean?

Re: RPM perc. and iRacing

Posted: 28 Dec 2013, 23:11
by giuseppepilot86
Bose321 wrote:Take a look at the car editor. I believe that's what you mean?
Yeah but I just would prefer to have a generic setting that applies to all cars and sims, the intention is to have the identical behaviour of the leds for every game using a standard/unique setting that works for all.

Re: RPM perc. and iRacing

Posted: 28 Dec 2013, 23:30
by DirkT
Wouldn't that be something, one setting that works for every car and game in the entire world...

Sorry but no, this can't be done. You can't have one setting "to rule them all" to quote the LOTR movies. Simply because that one setting wouldn't work for different cars. What if one car has a limit of 8000 RPM and then another at 12000? What then?

Games like iRacing output some relative values for us to work with, so we use those to drive the LEDs for the different cars. Apparently iRacing forgets to update these values to proper values sometimes for newer makes and models. But as Bose said, you can use the car profiles to override it.