Page 1 of 1

Fanaleds 2.2f Virus Warning

Posted: 05 Sep 2014, 18:05
by Viper
Hi!

Norton Internet Security is deleting fanaleds 2.2f.exe after installing it. It says Virus is "Sonar.SuspLaunch2" and detect it as Trojan.
With version 2.2.e everything went fine. So what is the cause?

Greetings from good old germany ;)

Re: Fanaleds 2.2f Virus Warning

Posted: 05 Sep 2014, 18:54
by Bose321
Weird. I am not aware of any changes except the ac fix. We'll have a look soon.

Re: Fanaleds 2.2f Virus Warning

Posted: 06 Sep 2014, 01:06
by Viper
Thx

Re: Fanaleds 2.2f Virus Warning

Posted: 10 Sep 2014, 10:21
by DirkT
The difference from 2.2e to 2.2f are extremely minimal, so I'm sorry to say the virus program is giving out a false positive.

Fanaleds has to do some magic in order to work "out-of-the-box" as it is now, and I'm guessing virusscanners don't like that...

Re: Fanaleds 2.2f Virus Warning

Posted: 10 Sep 2014, 10:42
by Viper
Hi!

OK. Then I'll make a rule in Norton Internet Security for your program.