Page 1 of 1

Codemasters titles, D-Box and FanaLEDS

Posted: 24 Dec 2014, 17:02
by okiura
Hi,

We build D-Box based racing simulators and we have encountered a problem getting both D-box motion and FanaLED's both working together in Codemasters titles.

Further investigation found that for FanaLED's to work it must listen to the outputs from 'motion' parameter.

Code: Select all

<motion enabled="true" ip="127.0.0.1" port="30500" delay="1" extradata="1" />
Unfortunately this conflicts with the D-Box system that also listens to this output;

Code: Select all

<motion enabled="true" ip="dbox" port="20777" delay="1" extradata="0" />
.

I hope this is the right section as enabling FanaLED's breaks D-Box support which is the reason the motion parameter exists, I was looked into setting FanaLED's up as a proxy for d-box but as the IP for D-box is just "dbox" I was not able to do this.

D

Re: Codemasters titles, D-Box and FanaLEDS

Posted: 24 Dec 2014, 17:30
by Bose321
You will need an external proxy for this I believe. I'm not sure if this works, since I never tried it before, but I think you need this: http://www.eksimracing.com/cmps/

Re: Codemasters titles, D-Box and FanaLEDS

Posted: 24 Dec 2014, 18:06
by okiura
Thanks for the quick reply, This however doesn't work for me as it requires an IP address to forward on to, but the D-box platform doesn't have one.

I have used a port watcher to try and see if there is an undocumented IP address associated with the motion controller (as it operates on port 20777) but no connection ever shows on that port even when motion is working.

Is there a way to setup FanaLED's to send the data on to the D-Box controller using the same code you would configure CM titles to use to enable motion?

Re: Codemasters titles, D-Box and FanaLEDS

Posted: 24 Dec 2014, 18:49
by Bose321
It's not possible currently to pass though the information. We simply listen to the IP and port. If that proxy doesn't work I can't think of anything else right now, sorry. I'm not really familiar with the setup of D-Box so I don't know why that wouldn't work. You could try and contact D-Box to see if they maybe have a solution.